Going on a quick
Manila is a great place to experience the Philippines for the first time — but it’s not the only place!
If you wanted to go on a
Here are just some beaches, amusement parks, resorts, and mountain trips near Metro Manila:
One of the most classic attractions just outside the city is Enchanted Kingdom. It’s the most popular amusement park located in Laguna that features world-class rides and theme parks that kids and kids-at-heart. Dare I say most Manila-raised children have at some point come to Enchanted Kingdom as students!
- Duration: Valid for an
- Places to see: 7 themed areas and 20 attractions, and Agila, the first flight simulation ride displaying the wonders of the Philippines
- Notes: Infants with height 0-35in can enter free of charge. Junior, Senior, and PWD rates apply, just proceed to the Group Sales office. Additional fee for other activities such as paintball, laser tag, bumper cars and boats, 7D theater, etc.
- Price: 500
Splash Island is collectively known as Laguna’s biggest water park featuring colorful slides, rides, attractions, and aquatic thrills like Rio Montanosa, King Pilipit, Curl of the Orient, and more. It now includes Inflatable Island.
- Duration: Open 8 AM – 6 PM
- Places to see: Balsa River, Water Wahoo, Agos Grandes, Big Bamboo, Twisted Palm, Tausug Trails, Magellan’s Drop, etc.
- Notes: Children under 3 ft. are FREE; Bringing outside food and drinks are not allowed; Some slides have height and ability restrictions.
- Price: PHP 500
Filipino kids have read about Pagsanjan Falls through their history books all their lives, but not many get to experience its strong ice-cold water run down their backs! This adventure also entails either going down a very long metal ladder or riding a canoe across the river. It’s a place to soak in Mother Nature. Nearby is BLOC Campsite where you can try glamping for the first time. It holds a special place in my heart because this is where
- Duration: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Places to see: 17km boat trip, gorges over a hundred feet high, Tropical Resort, Devil’s Cave, etc.
- Notes: Children aged 0-3 are not allowed to join; Meet-up at Starbucks SM Mall of Asia
- Price: PHP 3,550
In 1991, one of the most powerful eruptions in the Philippines happened with Mt. Pinatubo. Being born a year after, I’ve heard stories about ash falling down from the sky like snow — and we don’t even live anywhere near Zambales! At present time, Mt. Pinatubo is now a tourist destination because of the beautiful rock formations (halved mountains!), colorful mineral-mixed water flow, and the nearby indigenous
- Duration: 2:30 AM – 8 PM
- Places to see: largest lahar canyon in the world,
2.5 hourtrek to crater lake, 4×4 off-road adventure
- Notes: Meet-up McDonald’s El Pueblo, Ortigas, Pasig City; Children aged 0-12 are not allowed to join; Medical certificate is required for adults aged 60+
- Price: PHP 6,050
Aching to go surfing and camping on the beach? Try going to Crystal Beach Resort, Zambales where pine trees meet the waves. It’s a great place to catch the waves and disconnect from the city. They also have company outing packages, sports massages, bonfire, souvenir shops featuring Roxy surfing wear for the ladies, and surf lessons by Quiksilver Surf School.
Camayan Beach Resort
- Duration: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Places to see: Lush rainforests, white-sand beaches, clear waters; Other activities include scuba diving, hiking, horseback riding, snorkeling, etc.
- Notes: Children under age of 1 are FREE; Senior citizen ticket applies
- Price: PHP 500
Angat Dam View Deck and Rock Formations
If you’re looking for a day-long motorcycle roadtrip near Manila, Bulacan offers a lot of attractions within reach. The first stop could be Angat Dam View Deck, where you can catch an overlooking view of Manila’s main water source as well as nature parks. Nearby are some nature attractions such as the historical Pinagrealan Cave, Mt. Manalmon, and Mt. Gola!
Klir Waterpark Resort Admission
- Duration: 8 AM – 5 PM
- Places to see: Biggest wave pool in Luzon, 4 swimming pools, adult pool with therapeutic water massage
- Notes: Children under 10 are not allowed in wave pool unless accompanied by an adult; Cottage are required for more than 2 persons;
- Price: PHP 250
Luljetta Hanging Gardens and Spa
Looking for a romantic getaway to relax and unwind? Go on a roadtrip near Manila on the way to Antipolo, Rizal to experience Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens and Spa. Enjoy a dip at the jacuzzis and infinity pools, stay at the sauna rooms and lounges, and unwind at the hydro-massage pools and spa treatments like massages and body scrubs!
- Duration: Choose between 8AM – 1PM, 12NN – 5PM, or 4PM – 10PM
- Places to see: Hanging Gardens Facilities (sauna, heated jacuzzi, hydro-massage pool, infinity pools, meditation lounges) and various spa packages
- Notes: Senior citizens and PWDs may have a hard time accessing other facilities, as there is a need to climb staircases; bringing of outside food and drinks are not allowed; indicate dietary restrictions beforehand
- Price: Ranges from PHP 1,150 – 2,890 per person
This Rizal attraction is known for its sustainable eco-tourism and the beautiful limestone karsts that guests can walk on top of using cable wires. Masungi Georeserve has definitely become a model on how to lessen our footprint while traveling, and at the same time enjoy beautiful sights and man-made enhancements. One of the popular landmarks here are the roped bridges, the spider’s web, and the beehive. Definitely a go-to!
- Duration: 7AM – 5PM
- Places to see: Masungi Discovery Trail
- Notes: Meet-up at Tanlines Philippines along Makati Avenue; Inclusive of breakfast on-site; Children aged 0-13 are not allowed to join; Guests are not allowed to bring outside food or wear slippers.
- Price: PHP 2,700
Enjoy amazing views without the hike! Treasure Mountain in Tanay is great for quick camping trips and sunrise catching with a chance of sea of clouds. This is a great
If you’re looking for a mountain climbing trip near Manila, Rizal is the place to go. Mt. Daraitan is a rocky, limestone-peaked mountain that is notorious for the difficult climb despite being a “minor hike”. The trip usually entails traversing to Tinipak River, which is filled with huge white rocks and pristine waters! A great way to exercise and chill
- Duration: 1:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Places to see: Mt. Daraitan, Tinipak River, etc.
- Notes: Meet-up McDonald’s El Pueblo, Ortigas, Pasig City; Inclusive of snacks but not lunch or insurance; Children aged 0-13 are not allowed to join
- Price: PHP 3,750
Mt. Purro Nature Reserve
One of the more popular places for quiet retreats and even team building activities is Mount Purro Nature Reserve. It combines mountainous scenery, rich and thick forests, and enchanting rivers being at the foot of the Sierra Madre Mountain Range. Get to climb Malvar’s Peak, swim at Bunsuran Falls, experience the Dumagat Interaction and Cooking Class, and eating a buffet lunch at Loli’s Kitchen.
BOOK NOW: Mount Purro Klook package
- Duration: 7AM – 5PM
- Places to see: Malvar’s Peak, Bunsuran Falls, Dumagat Interaction and Cooking Class, Loli’s Kitchen buffet lunch, etc.
- Notes: Senior citizens and PWDs may have a hard time doing the hiking activities; this is a pet-friendly place but calls for responsible pet ownership
- Price: Ranges from PHP 1,200 – 950 per person
Located in the Tagalog region is Mt. Batulao of Batangas, known for its beautiful dinosaur’s back rock formations. The trail entails a minor climb up ropes and seeing vast grasslands on top of the mountain. Being an open trail, it offers a 360-degree view even as you are making your way up to the summit. Be sure to catch the golden sunset here! Other mountain attractions in Batangas are Mt. Pico de Loro and Mt. Manabu.
- Duration: 2:30 AM – 10 PM
- Places to see: Mt. Batulao trail and gorilla-shaped summit
- Notes: Meet-up McDonald’s El Pueblo, Ortigas, Pasig City; Children aged 0-12 are not allowed to join;
- Price: PHP 3,250
Taal Heritage Town
Want a taste of vintage Philippines? Try a Taal Heritage Town tour in Batangas. You’ll also see the largest church in Asia and taste
- Check out my separate article on Tagaytay attractions!
Preparing for your Roadtrip Near Manila
- How to go on a roadtrip near Manila. The cheapest and fastest way to go outside Metro Manila is by driving. There are many expressways that are free of traffic, such as the NLEX, SLEX, TPLEX, Cavitex, and more. If commuting, there are also many provincial buses especially in Cubao and Pasay City depending on where you are traveling.
- Roadtrip Food. Along expressways, there are selected stops for gas, toilet, and food. Local and international restaurants and convenience stores can be found here. Great for leg breaks.
- Best time for a roadtrip near Manila Summertime during the months of March to May is the best time to have a weather-proof trip. Take note of local holidays, such as Chinese New Year celebrations, Holy Week, Christmas, as well as many local fiestas and festivals. Check the weather forecast as monsoon season can bring hazards to the road such as landslides, zero visibility, and slippery roads.
- Things to bring. Some must-haves for a roadtrip near Manila are bottled water, snacks, tissues, and an umbrella in case it rains. An online map and mobile data on your smartphone help in navigating.
- What to wear. It’s best to dress comfortably or according to the activity you are doing (e.g. mountain climbing, swimming, etc.). Wear flip-flops, sandals, or rubber shoes for footwear, and breezy shirts coupled with shorts or jeans. Make sure to sunproof your skin using sunblocks, sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, and caps, as it can get hot on the trip.
More tours to take from Manila
Now that you know where to go on a roadtrip near Manila… where are you going?
- Inspired to do a Manila city tour? Find more cities to get lost in
- Find and book stays and accommodations in Manila
- You can also discover more attractions in Manila